Dust collection design
Is there another company out there that offers duct design other than Oneida?

I'm seriously thinking about just going whole hog in the new shop but

A) I don't feel like doing all the leg work
B) I really don't feel like doing all the leg work and spending all that money and forgetting something

I like the idea of somebody just putting together a package of what all I need and me just assembling it. Between all the wiring and framing and lighting I'm kinda tired of working ON the shop and I'm ready to start working IN it. But I also feel like I've got it about where I want it why half-a$$ with my DC Either by rolling it around or shoddy ducting myself. In my previous shops I've always clustered my tools pretty effectively so swapping hoses wasn't that big of a deal. Here I've got more space and I'm spread out more. Plus with a toddler running around I can't afford to waste much time.

Anyway, not necessarily looking for a cheaper option but just more options. Has anybody here used Oneida's services or equipment?

Thanks!
-Marc

Quote:

Has anybody here used Oneida's services or equipment?

both and both served me well.

I have no complaints in fact I have even added on to the existing system as my needs have grown without any adverse issues.

Yes they are a bit more $$ but I have what I wanted shipped to the door ready to assemble

I have worked on patched together systems and all they really accomplished was a lot of creative construction.... for in reality costs that were comparable with Oneida metal ductwork and both of them were based on PVC pipe and fittings

Lay out your shop share the layout with Oneida the rest is easy IME...
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I'm in pretty much the same boat you are. I just installed a used Super Dust Gorilla and after much internal debate have decided to use Oneida's design service. To further complicate my situation, I got a bunch of used ducting with my collector and I plan to ask the designer if we can't utilize most of it in the new system. Interestingly, though my DC has an 8" inlet, the largest duct I have with it is 7", then some 6" and 5". I have no idea how it was originally assembled,or whether it was professionally done or just cobbled together.
When I bought my Super Dust Gorilla (10+ years ago), I had them design the ductwork for me. I gave them a detailed plan of my shop, and made it clear that drops can't be here (window) or here (clamp rack). Their plan was to put a drop right in front of the window and two through the clamp rack I pretty much knew what I needed anyway, but it was the point.
OTOH, I love my Gorilla, and their customer service was great when I had an issue with the switch.
Oh yeah, I saved about 50% buying the ductwork locally.
I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.
deepsplinter said:

When I bought my Super Dust Gorilla (10+ years ago), I had them design the ductwork for me. I gave them a detailed plan of my shop, and made it clear that drops can't be here (window) or here (clamp rack). Their plan was to put a drop right in front of the window and two through the clamp rack I pretty much knew what I needed anyway, but it was the point.
OTOH, I love my Gorilla, and their customer service was great when I had an issue with the switch.
Oh yeah, I saved about 50% buying the ductwork locally.

Do you mind if I ask where you bought your pipe ? I'm moving my shop from a 1600 sf space to a 6000 sf space, adding a 7.5 hp collector and about a dozen new machines. I am absolutely dreading the costs of additional dust pipe and wiring.
My son-in-law is in the HVAC business. He got it at some wholesale house downtown Indy. I don't recall the name, but I'll get it for you tomorrow.

Check your PMs
Look for a local hvac sheet metal fab shop. Here its M&M and they do a quality product. Spiral duct of any size and length aluminum or steel.
Check out Nordfab. They have some nice stuff. Nordfab
Lee
Grizzly and Penn State Ind both do.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Sassafrasman said:

Do you mind if I ask where you bought your pipe ?

Capitol Supplies....downtown Indy

http://www.capitolsupplies.com/