Initial Impressions of Qualspray Spray Gun
really?? What size, type, etc... Got a linky or recommendation?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Yes. The Qualspray gun requires that regulator to control the pressure to the 3M PPS cup. The gun inlet pressure is controlled by another regulator that I moved upstream just prior to a 20 ft hose reel that now goes to the gun. I don't gave a high end water/oil filter, just the standard separator that comes with the regulator, so I use a cheap inline filter at the gun as insurance that any oil/water gets removed.

I've used Devillebis filters, but truthfully, HF ones work just as well for just a couple $ each on sale. I don't have water problems with my compressor, so any of them last for a year or more. I change them more because I think I should than actual necessity.

John
Something like this??

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Tools-Water...ine+filter
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Close, but you need water only, not oil

https://www.pacificaircompressors.com/sh...pack-of-2/

These, but I think I bought from either Grainger or Baer Supply. Amazon may have them.
Excellent inline filter, screws right onto the gun. Has a desiccant in the filter.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That might work, but the ones I use are paper or cotton wound filters so they absorb any moisture rather than trying to separate it out mechanically. Look at the HF ones, red plastic case, cheap.

John
Like this one???

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GQ3SUA?ref...VAL-GOELT2

I may buy a couple if it is. I don't want to chance water wrecking my projects.

Like this one???

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GQ3SUA?ref...VAL-GOELT2

If so, I'll buy a couple.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Harbor Freight #68224. $2.49 each.

John
I don't know why I keep having issues with my posts not showing up, then, after I repost, the first comes back, too. Never had this problem until the upgrade here, but perhaps the kinks will work out, or I'll get used to them.

Regardless, thanks for the recommendations, guys. I want this to work, with no issues other than operator inexperience.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(09-11-2016, 07:36 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: I don't know why I keep having issues with my posts not showing up, then, after I repost, the first comes back, too. Never had this problem until the upgrade here, but perhaps the kinks will work out, or I'll get used to them.

Regardless, thanks for the recommendations, guys. I want this to work, with no issues other than operator inexperience.

There also seems to be some kind of time-delay going on with some posts.  I've now seen/experienced something similar in other threads.  Might be part of the anti-SPAM portion of the software and something about your ISP (and now occasionally mine) is triggering the response.

Meh, go get the goodies, hook up the hoses and start spraying!!!

Just did a tool tote project on Saturday afternoon in about 3 hours (real time, so that includes dry time between coats & cleaning the gun) that consisted of orange shellac for color followed by multiple coats of poly for knock-around durrability.  Pre-spraying, this would have taken two afternoon sessions.  Can't believe I waited so long to get an HVLP system.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I'm having the same problem and it's only in this thread.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay