chip carved Christmas ornaments
Those are fantastic!

If I might just make a suggestion; If he were to use a nice, narrow Christmas themed ribbon and attach it to the ornament with jewelry jump rings, it would really help show off the quality and beauty of his ornaments.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Nice, I just picked up a chip carving book form downstairs in S&S. Hoping to start on some projects soon, but still need some knives.
Beautiful work.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Daryl Weir said:

Eric,

First off, Merry Christmas!

Tell your son he does beautiful work. I find, most of the time, the people with a little humility do some of the finest work. It sounds like you've raised a good man.

+1 on what Daryl said.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Since I can not afford to buy carving knives I have to learn how to make ones like he did.
He did a fine job and I hope mine come out as nice.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great suggestion. Thanks.
Thanks.
He used charcoal in an old forge that has a hand cranked blower underneath. He used a small oven, and propane torch for tempering. He also made a forge in a coffee can.
Getting the bevels right was tough.
Eric.