Bathroom remodel order of operations?
I am going to remodel a small bathroom. The changes will consist of repainting, new fixtures, new underhung sink, new Silestone counter, and new cabinet front. On the cabinet, I am going to remove the existing doors, strip it down to whatever Woodlike product is under the paint, then glue/pin nail on a solid walnut face frame and then install walnut frame/panel doors.there is currently a mirror that I will trim and frame.

Question:what is the best order of operations for this work?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

With those types of remodels, its not terribly important except the obvious stuff.

Will this bath be out of service or being used during this time?

I'd do the faceframe first with a strong desire to just replace the entire cabinet and have it just replaced in a day instead of futzing with in-situ. You may have to remove the existing counter top to do so.

I'd probably gut everything I'm not saving first, repaint (even behind the toilet), Then the cabinet, counter top (with sink) and then fixtures.

I'd consider a couple of extras while I was in there...

Replace single outlet boxes with doubles at the sink area. GFCI if not already.

Replace angle stops if any age on them at all. Use 1/4 turn valves.

Increase lighting.

Add high CFM, quiet fan, preferably on a timer especially in high humidity locations.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Go with a humidity sensing vent fan preferably a noisy one. You will regret going with a quiet one unless you have music in the bathroom. Vent (fart) fans serve 3 purposes.

1 remove moisture.
2 remove odors
3 cover sounds created while producing item #2 and number 2s.
Robert Adams said:

Go with a humidity sensing vent fan preferably a noisy one. You will regret going with a quiet one unless you have music in the bathroom. Vent (fart) fans serve 3 purposes.

1 remove moisture.
2 remove odors

My farts are not humid, do they have an override function?

I prefer quite fans.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
redo electric,plumbing,drywall then finish plumbing/electric
drywall,trim,painting finished
floor
toilet easier to install in empty room
vanity/sink tpholder towell bars
door/hardware
Mr_Mike said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

1 remove moisture.
2 remove odors

My farts are not humid, do they have an override function?

I prefer quite fans.

[/blockquote]

The humidity sensing ones do have an override. There is usually a visible led to check the mode.

Turn the switch on and it's in humidity mode. Off then on and it's on usually a timer. Some will revert to humidity sensing after manually turning it on.

Noisy is preferred so you can't heat what is going on.
Did a complete gut of my only bathroom, so the first thing moved and made to function was the toilet, then new wiring and lights. Next did the walls and ceiling, installed a stand alone 5' shower, no tub. It is a three piece and I love it. New vanity, one piece counter and sink and the last thing was the floor.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Also when painting.

Ceiling, trim, then walls. Also depends on if you are spraying or rolling. Also always spray the trim as it looks professional that way where as brushed doesn't.
Used a foam brush on the trim, looks sprayed on.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I admire your DIY attitude. Mine has limits. I'm redoing a bathroom right now. My order of operations are:

1. Get bids.

2. Pick out contractor and materials.

3. Write check.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.