A little corner cupboard
Very
Ag
RedBob said:

Very nice work. I agree, on the tightness of the bridal joints. Can you share details on how you cut those joints?
Thanks,
Bob

Sure. The female half is cut by using the hollow chisel morticer to cut the closed end, then I cut up to that using the band saw. I turn the work over for the second cut so ensuring that everything is perfectly centered. Important : dont move the bandsaw fence, you will need it again.

For the male half, I first cut the shoulders on the table saw using a cross cut sled and a stop block, leaving them a few thou over length. Then comes the neat bit : make a shim to represent the kerf of the bandsaw blade (I use folded thick paper) and put this between the bandsaw fence and the work, then cut the male part sides up to the shoulder, again turning the work over to cut the second side to make sure everything is central. You will need to make a test piece or two using offcuts from the stock to tune the thickness of the shim, but once you have it right, you can cut all the male parts of the joints in a few seconds.

You could do it by moving the fence, but I find this method gives more control AND, in the event of a slip, you can remake a part using the original settings. Not that I ever have slips of course !!!

Once glued up, the joints are trimmed flush with a block plane.

Voila - pas de problème !
Cheers

Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr
Martin S. said:

Nice cabinet, and very tight bridle joints.

How is the "new" property renovation coming along?

Still in the breaking out and clearing phase, nothing constructed yet...
Cheers

Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr