Another Whatsit post
I was visiting family on Christmas and one of my uncles walked over and handed me a bag. He told me that he had been holding onto these tools for years and thought it was time to move them along. One is an really nice beading plane, but I'm not at all sure about this one. I suspect its some sort of saw set, but I thought I'd check with the brain trust to make sure.

It looks to me like a saw blade would be placed on the arms and then the plunger is struck to set the teeth. Am I close?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Terenzi ballista.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Saw set. I am not too sure about who made it...maybe Preston. -w
Dave

If it is one of the retoothers I am thinking that would be great for anyone to have. If a person has a saw/s that need to be filed down then that would be very good to put teeth back in the blade and then add whatever else they want to it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,

If it was a retoother, it would have a punch and a die. The upper part would be the punch. But down below is a thing that is angled. That angled thing is an anvil like on most all saw sets.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
DaveParkis said:

It looks to me more like yet another unsuccessful attempt to invent a flying machine.
It's a toe nail trimmer. If you figure out how it works, we want to see a video but only if all involved are wearing pants.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Don't be too quick to judge, Bill. That thing might fly.
Set is my guess, but it is totally cool.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I don't know what it is but I'll bet that Dominic has 3 of them on the shelf anyway.

carl