Band saw gloat
I took a little drive this morning,. ended up with a 1949 Delta 14" wood/metal band saw with a riser block and the cast iron Art Deco base. It has the original 1/2 HP motor. Everything looks pretty good, some surface rust on the base. Only thing I see missing is the tapered pin that holds the table in alignment. All I've got is one lousy pic, it's raining out and I don't want to pull it out in the rain.

Let me be the first to say--- you suck

The "You Suck" is all relative. What did you pay for it?
I have a slightly newer version w/o the cast iron plinth. Being able to cut both metal and wood makes it very versatile. The 1/2 HP motor will be completely inadequate, however, if you ever want to take advantage of the riser block by sawing thicker stock and veneer. I have a 1.5 HP motor on mine and I'm very happy it's no smaller.

I just gotta ask. How much did you pay for it?

John
Well, it was a great deal. I've got $175 into it.
You lucky dog you.

Will you be able to put a 1hp motor in it?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The real gloat here is having all the original thumb nuts for the back panel and an original No. 132 switch box. Is there a Cutler-Hammer ball-tip switch in there also?
Unisaw A100 said:

The real gloat here is having all the original thumb nuts for the back panel and an original No. 132 switch box. Is there a Cutler-Hammer ball-tip switch in there also?

I don't know. Is that on the motor?
The CH switch is the switch that's on the back of the stand.

Here's a couple shots of the whole assembly including the switch.

Ahh, I understand.

I think it may be that switch. Does anybody know the best way to remove that paddle without breaking it?