Band saw gloat
Did it come with the front cast iron panel for the stand? You got a sweet deal either way but if you need to find a replacement panel you might be looking for a while. Good ones don't come up for sale very often.
jlanciani said:

Did it come with the front cast iron panel for the stand? You got a sweet deal either way but if you need to find a replacement panel you might be looking for a while. Good ones don't come up for sale very often.

Yes, that's up in the front of the car. I removed as much weight as I could for loading. It was me and one small woman doing the loading.
SteveF said:

Does anybody know the best way to remove that paddle without breaking it?

It's hard to say from where I am. Take the cover off and see what's there.
Nicely done, congrats.
Sweet find Steve, I have a 6" jointer on the cast iron base and would love to find a CI base for my 50's bandsaw as the extra mass really helps with vibration. That should clean up nicely.
Erik in Canada's Atlantic Playground
I'd say after 65 years, if the tables are aligned, you probably don't need the tapered pin. Good score!
I managed to drag it out of the car and walk it 80' into a portable garage. I did it all by myself, not fun but I wanted to get it moved before the Tuesday snowstorm. I won't be doing anything with until warmer weather. Here's a few more pictures.

You really scored on that one. Congrats.
Welcome to the club! Thats a great find with all the CI parts. The riser block is a nice addition. I found one about 10 years older last summer at a yard sale. Between what I paid (next to nothing) and what I've got into it, I'm still under a $300 investment. Do you have other vintage tools like this? I've found them to be "dangerous" territory. You get one and fix it up and you start looking for others to fix up and before you know it your in too deep. I have a post about the rehab here: http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...&PHPSESSID=

How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Steve, the base on that looks great. Mine has an open stand; don't look near as impressive, although it made upsizing the motor easy. Anyway, you got a true bargain there. I don't know how much metal you cut, but if you do you will be impressed. It will go right down to a crawl. And at that speed any motor is more than enough. For wood, however, you're gonna want a larger motor if you want to take advantage of the riser block.

John