Christmas gifts from my shop
Well, it's been a while since I have been active on here, but life gets in the way sometimes...

Si I got into the shop to make a couple of christmas gifts. Last year I conspired with another woodnet member and made a couple of screwdrivers with nice presentation boxes. This year I made another one, and another with a presentation stand.

So here you go: The one on the stand is turned from Rosewood. Stand is local cherry wood.

Here's the one that is in a box. Walnut with a really pretty white oak top. the bit holder is also white oak. Last year I used wood for the hinge pins. This year I used 1/8" brass.

The driver itself is turned from Bloodwood with a copper ferrule. By far the prettiest wood I have used yet.

Both the box and the stand are finished with Watco Teak Oil and rubbed with paste wax. The tool handles are finished in beeswax.

Happy new year.

Jeff
Very nice!

Is the screwdriver from a kit, or your own adaptation? It almost looks like a copper ferrule rather than brass.

There's nothing like a nice dense wood handle on a screwdriver.
Chris
C. in Indy said:

Very nice!

Is the screwdriver from a kit, or your own adaptation? It almost looks like a copper ferrule rather than brass.

There's nothing like a nice dense wood handle on a screwdriver.

Thanks. It's no kit. The bits are Black and Decker and the bit holder is a Kobalt. Both from Lowes. The ferrule is indeed copper - It's 1/2" rigid copper pipe. Makes a great ferrule.

Jeff
Nice! Love the shape of the handle.

Even better that you made your own "kit" from separate parts.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?