Fine Woodworking Magazine Archive 1975-2015 DVD
Hi. Have any of you folks bought this DVD? I'm wondering if you can take pdfs from plans, articles, etc. to print off.
Also, does the search function work well? Seems like a decent price ($69.95 right now)
Any input will be appreciated.
Happy New Year!
Lloyd Kerry
Creator of the Kerry-All Pouch
The foolproof water-repellent pouch that’s built to withstand the elements.
I have the version from 2011 and all the magazines are in .pdf format, so you can print exactly what you want just like you would any other .pdf.
The only slightly negative comment is about the search function. Be prepared to enter different phrases to try to find the article you want. I had an article in mind and typed the words in the headline and it didn't appear. It took a while using fewer words but eventually found it. My wording was correct, just not recognized.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
As already stated, you can save or print as a separate .pdf. I have the version ending in 2014 and have very good luck with the search function but the results are not links that will take you directly to issue and page even tho' the "little gloved hand" would indicate that it should be. Dunno. May just be the PC I'm running it on.

Once it gives the reference I have to go to the specific issue and advance through the pages to get what I want.

Frank S in IA
I assume this is at Highland? I wouldn't mind the usb version, but they don't seem to carry it
Lloyd,

Maybe an alternative idea...I subscribed to the online FWW service about a year ago.

New issues are sent to me and I read them in an iPad, and can also print.

Back issues aren't included, however FWW has uploaded a LOT of articles. This has been useful as, for example, ive been looking to make decorative boxes Lately so Using that as a search term I get more hits than I can read, including articles dating back over a decade, videos (one as over 90 minutes), and supporting articles like those Master Class items at the end of the magazine.

Anyway, for me it seems more useful than the back issues alone.

I think there is a free trial, may want to give it a shot.

Mike
Lloyd,

I bought the DVD, it loads onto the computer and does not require the DVD to access the issues.

You should have no problems printing the articles.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
handi said:

Lloyd,

I bought the DVD, it loads onto the computer and does not require the DVD to access the issues.

You should have no problems printing the articles.

Ralph

Yep. I did the same thing with ShopNotes DVD.
Thanks, folks, for the info. I ordered the DVD, and think it will serve me well. Happy New Year to all you woodies out there!!
Lloyd Kerry
Creator of the Kerry-All Pouch
The foolproof water-repellent pouch that’s built to withstand the elements.