anyone ever rented a truck from one of the Borgs?
How much does it really cost? Recently rented one of those $29 a day trucks from uhaul and it was almost $90.
I rented one from Menards several years ago. I had ordered the materials and asked them to be pulled. I went back a couple of hours later rented the truck and drove around back and waited an hour for the materials. Before I left the store, I went back in to front desk to let them know I hadn't left yet as the materials I ordered weren't ready and would appreciate if they reset the clock to 0:00. They did, so it turned out OK. If they hadn't, it would have been a little frustrating.

I have my own now, so no need...but I get the impression, they are pretty straight forward. You pay for the time, and not the mileage - right?
Interesting point about pulling the materials. I was thinking I would do it myself and then go up front and rent a truck. I'll have to ask.

looks like the first 75 minutes at HD and 90 minutes at Lowes for $19. I'm impressed at the low quality of both companies web sites. When you check availability, it takes you off to find a store, and there is no joy either place. I think I've seen trucks at both stores, guess I have to call.

I should be able to do the job in the time allotted, I suppose it wouldn't break the bank if I had to pay another $20
For a lot of the larger materials Menards has more of a lumber yard where you drive through a check in gate load the materials and check out. I guess you could load them on a card or 3 and bring them in, but not the way they are set up.

At Lowe's and HD, I'd certainly ask at the front desk if the truck is available and if they will hold it for however long it takes you to pick your materials. Would stink to have everything ready to go and find out the truck was taken while you were shopping!
A gal I worked with was married to a guy that had a used car lot. They took a truck withe dealer plates to the local BORG. While they were loading the stuff they bought one of the employees helping them commented about them taking the truck for a test drive. Seems they see that fairly often.

I'd spend $20 to avoid an unnecessary engagement with a used car salesman
Rented one from Home Depot cost me $ 19.95 hour plus gas that In used.

I was wrong on this it was $19'00 for the first 75 min. and $5.00 for every 15 minutes afterward. Plus gas.
EricU said:

How much does it really cost? Recently rented one of those $29 a day trucks from uhaul and it was almost $90.

I rented from HD recently. Cost was $19 plus tax for 75 minutes. I think it was $5 per 20 minutes beyond that. They put a $50 or $100 deposit on my CC as well. After I returned the truck, the total charge was $21 something (including tax). I also added a gallon or two of gas, so the total damage was around $27 to get 8 sheets of plywood home.
live4ever said:

[blockquote]EricU said:

I rented from HD recently. Cost was $19 plus tax for 75 minutes. I think it was $5 per 20 minutes beyond that. They put a $50 or $100 deposit on my CC as well. After I returned the truck, the total charge was $21 something (including tax). I also added a gallon or two of gas, so the total damage was around $27 to get 8 sheets of plywood home.

[/blockquote]
The last time I considered this I ended up buying from a local lumber dealer. Cost less than $3 more, delivered and stacked where I wanted it.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Foggy said:

[blockquote]live4ever said:

[blockquote]EricU said:

[/blockquote]
The last time I considered this I ended up buying from a local lumber dealer. Cost less than $3 more, delivered and stacked where I wanted it.

[/blockquote]

BIngo.
Lumber yards delivery is usually not badly priced.
If it doesn't fit in the back of my tahoe I'll have it delivered. It has always been cheaper than renting a truck.