Live edge mirror frame
Spalted/flame maple live edge was headed for the firewood pile, the stiles are cherry. Christmas present for my bride, done just in time. My daughter has asked for a version of this but before I commit to it, any design comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Not sure why these pics are humongous, but ...

Thanks,

Jeff

" />

" />
Nice. Well balanced.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Very unique!

Seems more like a den, game room, or man cave type accessory, tho.
Interesting to be so irregular, yet posses such symmetry. I guess I have to ask how the bride likes it? I would tend to agree with Mac's thought it looks like it would be more at home in a Man cave, yet your Daughter also wants one. Perhaps Mac and I are goofy, ehh?

After typing this I'm reminded of something my bride once said. If a piece that has been fashioned by hands is controversial, then it must be art. Congratulations
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm not a big fan of live edge pieces, but that is really cool.
Gives me ideas.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
very interesting
I like it. As others have said, well balanced even with the irregular pieces.

I am not one to pigeon hole pieces into a particular room or area. It is what one likes and where you want to put it. Kind of like the fact that I live in a very modern house but have an antique desk.

Well done piece. If this piece is indicative of your design ability, IMO you don't need anyone's input!!!

PS, May I steal that idea?!!!
Very nice!
Thank you for the kind words. Wife is happy with it, so I'll consider it a success. As for daughter's version, I'll have to see what the woodpile produces...

iublue, have at it! It's likely I've 'borrowed' it from something else I've seen, just not sure what or where. I'd love to see your take on it.

Thanks,

Jeff