Boot dryer
My daughter the horse rider, asked me to make a boot dryer for her. She says the plastic ones break too easily. I probably won't put an electric dryer on it, but want to make one to let them dry on their own.
Has anyone here ever made a boot dryer? If so how about specs and pictures? Any help wold be greatly appreciated.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I've been using a PEET boot dryer for 25+ years.
Linky

She must be doing something wrong if she's breaking it.

Edit: I used it 6 days a week for over 20 years running.
It still works well, even though I don't use it as much as I used to.
Same here...I have been using my PEET boot dryer for years to dry my fishing wader boots.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

If you're not adding heat a base with a couple 2" or so posts to put the boots on will work.

I'm not sure how she's managing to break her dryers. If it's the plastic tubes the boots sit on that she's breaking you might look into replacing the tubes with something a little stronger. Maybe some schedule 40 PVC or something like that.

I wouldn't try to engineer my own heated unit. I once cooked a $200 pair of work boots using and old hair dryer-the type that had the tube blowing air into a hat, not the hand held type- to dry them.
Rodney
I’ve used these mainly for drying cold-water kayak boots for about 20 years: a pair of empty Tide containers filled with water or sand and a pair of wands from a discarded shop vac. The wands just fit the tops of the Tide containers. I split one of the wands once, but nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix.

My wife hates them, but to me they’re a minor triumph of field expediency. Plus, they work. As long as I keep them in the garage, we’re fine.
This is for the "Princess" who wants Daddy to make one from wood. (Go figure)
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
My bad. You must listen to the Princess and make a nice one.

If she needs something to help maintain the shape of her boots as they dry, you could maybe mount a pair of spring-loaded wooden shoe trees on stalks, e.g., 1" dowels attached to a heavy-enough base.
I came back from duck hunting the other day and was thinking about a simple wood shelf with cutouts that would hold the waders up by the boots. This would allow them to air out and dry without heat, and get them out of the way. Right now, those waders are sitting on the garage floor, not an ideal place for them.
I see a couple options. Something like this would be portable -

While something like this wouldn't take any floor space -

Lots of possible variations that could be made more attractive. No heat so I doubt boots would dry overnight, but they seem to dry quicker hanging upside down that standing on the floor --- or laying on their sides.
Phil, you have a winner. Thanks!!

Joe
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill