Shaker Felt Bag - Lower Bag?
Hi All,

Santa brought me one of these: Shaker Felt bag .

Others who have gone this route: have you moved over to the plastic bags on the bottom? I assume that in order to get the right (low particulate) performance, one would need to get rid of the old fabric bag.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Len
--
I spin around with shrieking tires,
To run the deadly race...
Len, not sure what your current set up is, but yes, you generally would want plastic on the bottom, that on the top, and ideally either a Thein Separator, or some other system to limit the amount of solids that go to the bags.
Felt on the top, Plastic on the bottom.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Barry,

I have a cyclone separator ahead of the collector. The shaker felt bag is new to the top. The old cloth (30 micron) bag is on the bottom. Sounds like I need to order myself some of the Jet bags.

Thanks for the reply,
Len
--
I spin around with shrieking tires,
To run the deadly race...
Len, I use a separator, and just the one plastic bag on bottom, with a micron bag on top. The plastic bag stays mostly empty, once I see any shavings start to go into it, I empty out the separator.