Delta Rockwell 6x48 belt sander
I've been looking for one of these for quite a while. I finally snagged one last night. It's missing the faucet knob on the guard and the table lock handle is half gone. I may have the parts around here somewhere though.

It does run. I think it's a 1970 model. Excellent price, $75. I'm a happy camper.

Nice find, great price.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Very cool find, congratulations!!

Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
That old machine is a beast that will work all day and never let up. I have a circa 1986 Delta. 6X48" with the 12" disc sander combination. Does not use it every project, but it has been handy at times. The hardest thing for me was to learn to have a light touch. Good luck with it.
The price around here won't even get you an old Craftsman belt sander. Awesome score.
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
You've been hitting gold on the old Delta 'arn. Good on you!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
RedBob said:

+ a bunch

You probably already know this, but an old-style art gum eraser makes a good sanding belt cleaning stick. You will want a cleaning stick on those belts.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
iclark said:

[blockquote]RedBob said:

+ a bunch

[/blockquote]

Yep, what they said^^^^^
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yeah, it was a steal. Best price I've seen on one in a long time. Three or four years ago I missed one by minutes at an estate sale, $50 on that one.

I'm hoping to get it down into the basement tonight. I borrowed a guard knob from a Delta band saw. The fence handle is something I'm still looking around for. I ordered up a bunch of zirconia belts on Monday, so I'll have those soon.