Nova multitip revolving center?
Got a set for Christmas but..the main unit revolves nice and straight but when putting inserts in, the inserts have a wooble(don't turn true). Have cleaned all the grease off and no matter what I do, they don't run true. Any suggestions or should I return them? Thanks...Bill
Sounds familiar. Was it dropped on it's nose and the female taper at the rim is deformed. It's pretty thin and easy to damage in that way. I'd send it back if that is the case.
Joe K1 said:

Sounds familiar. Was it dropped on it's nose and the female taper at the rim is deformed. It's pretty thin and easy to damage in that way. I'd send it back if that is the case.

If they won't take it back, file the dent carefully to reduce to round and try again. No sense hollering at the 14-year old son, just fix it.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Brand new? Return it. You shouldn't have to fix anything.

Twinn
Will post for food.
theeviltwinn said:

Twinn

Ditto
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
haha!
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
theeviltwinn said:

Twinn

+1

Either return just the pieces that are bad or return the whole thing. If you return the whole thing then other pieces might be bad so I say keep the good stuff and send the bad stuff back.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Return the entire set. It shouldn't work that way. Sounds like the taper in the main live center was machined improperly. Before you return it, though, check to make sure your headstock and tailstock are aligned.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Sent email to company n never heard back. Checked the inside of the revolving center, where inserts fit n runout was ridiculous so sent all back for refund. Now looking for new live center.