Arbortech Turbo Shaft
This thing:

http://www.arbortechusa.com/view/woodwor...urboshaft/

I bought it to use on a stump hollowing project. Here's the short review.

It works fairly well after a bit of a learning curve. It mounts to an angle grinder which is not something I usually use in woodworking. The carbide teeth are small and it requires you rethink your method of work. I found that it works best if the majority of waste is removed with a forstner or spade bit and the TurboShaft used to cleanup what's left.

It leaves a fairly smooth surface but it is hard to get an even depth over a large area. It would be best used as a small grinding tool for sign making, sculpting of shapes, and getting into small areas. It is not for hogging out large quantities of wood. They have other products for that purpose.

It is well made but I wish it was a little longer to provide a little deeper reach into a cavity. It does take a little getting used to to get a consistent surface.

Am I glad I bought it - yes. It did what I needed it to do and saved quite a bit of sanding time. It's not a tool I will use everyday but if you have an odd shaped carving to make or a sign this tool will work quite well.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Their products are on my List
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that