Only a woodturner would think of this....
Saw a TV ad the other night for a light activate glue.
Said it was sand-able.

Has anyone tried using it on a pen or whatever?
Bob Atchison said:

Saw a TV ad the other night for a light activate glue.
Said it was sand-able.

Has anyone tried using it on a pen or whatever?

I've had it used on me, does that count? If you've ever had a filling you probably did too!
Steve K

I seen the ad also but do not know if it will go all the way inside the tube to cure.

I think it is a great little tool I would like to have in the future when I get more cash.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I was thinking of using it as a finish like CA glue.
UV activated resins are heavily used by fly tiers nowadays. Some of the resins are still tacky after being hit with the UV flash light and need a coating of something else when used as a finish. Some of the newer resins on the market have gotten past the tackiness. Different resins seem to respond to different UV wave lengths so each manufacturer has their own flashlight. The flashlights lose their power to cure well with use so they have a limited lifespan. The best cure still comes from exposure to natural sunlight. The main advantage to UV resins is the speed at which they cure.
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet
That might work. If you get it please show the results.

How much do they cost? Also what is used as the glue?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Brian Myers said:

UV activated resins are heavily used by fly tiers nowadays.

Why can't people keep secrets anymore

CanoeBoy said:

[blockquote]Brian Myers said:

UV activated resins are heavily used by fly tiers nowadays.

Why can't people keep secrets anymore

[/blockquote]

At least I didn't give out brands or sources .
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet
Used by jewelers as well, that what holds the crystal on your watch.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.