Best drum sander?
LIL. For those that are interested, Timesavers has made the jump to fill in the lower cost market for the semi-pro shop with a kick butt widebelt sander. 37" Wide true widebelt sander with ossicilation. If I had the space I would get one in a heartbeat. They come in single phase models and with all things Timesaver they really have done it right. The rub is the price is ~$7-10K depending on the model. Used these things often go for 80%+ of new price. They sell a lot of them. I am often in the Timesavers factory and these units are stacked in the corner and the inventory is constantly turning over.

http://www.timesaversinc.com/content/spe...-wide-belt

26" width Shop Fox 1678, without a doubt.

11+ years without a hiccup.
I have a Steel City 25" Dual Drum Sander that I love. I wouldn't part with it for anything short of a larger wide belt sander. I would bet the WOODTEK 25" DUAL DRUM SANDER is made in the same Chiwanese factory as my Steel City DDS.

[Image: 109-352.jpg]  [Image: 8980079.jpg]
And the Delta 31-481 looks almost identical to the Steel City DDS
[Image: 2ac10398-a6ea-4439-a1e1-a8efa918da57_1000.jpg]
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
I have a Performax 16/32, which is a great machine. I also have a General International 25" that looks identical to the Delta, Steel City tools, and it is simply superb. Cost was just under 2K, but worth ever penny, and used constantly. The thing has never bogged down, and this is one tool I will not part with-belt changes are easier than the Performax, and with any sander, pay attention to that item.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I had already replied but for some reason it didn't show up, I'll give you the quick rundown again.
When it comes to bang for your buck the Jet JWDS-1632 Plus and the SuperMax 19-38 are both absolutely incredible machines that will give you top-notch performance and durability for a very modest price.
If you're looking for bigger, more powerful but also more expensive machines, the Powermatic PM2244 is in my opinion the best drum sander you can buy right now. As I mentioned previously, as it's hard to pinpoint a machine to your needs and budget be sure to check out these drum sander reviews to make it easier to compare your options in terms of price, performance and size.
Drum sanders are in my opinion indispensable and probably my favorite type of machine overall so if you have any questions be sure to ask!
Give us an update when you've made a decision and good luck!

--Emma
(05-04-2017, 08:32 AM)Emma Pine Wrote: I had already replied but for some reason it didn't show up, I'll give you the quick rundown again.
When it comes to bang for your buck the Jet JWDS-1632 Plus and the SuperMax 19-38 are both absolutely incredible machines that will give you top-notch performance and durability for a very modest price.
If you're looking for bigger, more powerful but also more expensive machines, the Powermatic PM2244 is in my opinion the best drum sander you can buy right now. As I mentioned previously, as it's hard to pinpoint a machine to your needs and budget be sure to check out these drum sander reviews to make it easier to compare your options in terms of price, performance and size.
Drum sanders are in my opinion indispensable and probably my favorite type of machine overall so if you have any questions be sure to ask!
Give us an update when you've made a decision and good luck!

--Emma

So tell us Emma, which sander do you own and use?
(05-04-2017, 09:51 AM)jlanciani Wrote: So tell us Emma, which sander do you own and use?

Hey jlanciani, I'm a little spoiled as I have a lot to choose from due to my dad's shop!
I've always liked Jet machines in any style (not just drum sander but disc, spindle etc..), they just feel good to use and with the load of work my dad gives them it's surprising that they never give in. My dad's favorite tools have always been Bosch and Black & Decker and that has really passed on to me, I absolutely love the Bosch 1250DEVS and it's one of my favorite all time sanders. If you're talking about drum sanders in particular, it's the Powermatic PM2244 I mentioned before, the little LED control panel makes it super easy to use (and fun!) and the results are stunning on all the surfaces I've put through it, although I recognize that the price is a little steep.
If you have any questions about sanders I'm more than happy to help, they're kind of my "thing"!

--Emma