Speaking of spoon carving
This is one I carved a number of years ago...It is nine inches long...I have posted it before...I got the idea from one very similar spoon that I saw in an antique mall in Maine, IIRC and I made a sketch of it. ...I don't know about you but,I'll take ideas wherever I find them ...It has what I call a "crank neck" on it, which is useful for dipping soup out of a bowl if you choose to use it for that..I think it would look better if it were carved in olive wood.

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That's beautiful!

The spoon part looks like a leaf. Very attractive indeed. Jack, is there anything that you don't do- and do right??
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Nice job, Jack! I think the crank neck makes it a patternmaker's spoon. I like it!
Careful with that thing, you'll put yer eye out.....

Nice spoon Jack
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Quote:

Jack, is there anything that you don't do- and do right??

Thanks Joe..I wish that were the case!!!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Sweet spoon
Quote:

I think the crank neck makes it a patternmaker's spoon

Hey...good point, Hank!!!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset