Chair Making Class
I am looking for a class on making a chair/chairs. I don't want to do a Rocker (yet) and have been looking for good one.

Windsor would be fine, or something along the lines of Michael Fortune. Dining rooms chairs that I could make a set of eventually would also be nice.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Yes, I'm searching the web with Bing as well but any personal recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.
You have Mike Dunbar in Hampton, NH not far from the coast.
http://www.thewindsorinstitute.com/

There is also You Tube
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
Mike Dunbar just announced his retirement from teaching.

Try these guys: Elia Bizzarri, Greg Pennington, Curtis Buchanan, Peter Galbert. All of them are top-notch Windsor Chairmakers. Greg Pennington would be the closest to you. I'm sure there are probably chairmakers closer to you who teach classes, but those are guys I know about and can vouch for.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
Thanks, keep the advice coming.
I have taken classes from Chris B. Elia, and Greg P.

All are excellent.

Class size is important.

Too big is not good for individual attention.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Try Ben Hobbs in NC. I took a Chippendale style chair class with him at the KC Woodworkers Guild last September. He is a good instructor.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
We're having a 7 day windsor class with Elia Bizzarri beginning Mar. 14. He's teaching the Continous Arm Rocker, but could easily be adjusted to a straight chair. PM me for details. It's being held at Warren Wilson College just outside Asheville, NC
Should be a great class. Cost: 700. plus 200. materials.
I took Elia Bizzarri's Windsor rocker class last Fall at Roy Underhill's school but chose to make it into a chair. I just had to let him know ahead of time that I wanted to make the chair and the legs were left longer. While the others in class were working on their rocker parts, I got to finesse the seat. Great class ... highly recommended!!!
William Ng, in So. Cal. I took his Maloof rocker class, good instructor and you and get out of the cold.

Myles
-----------------------
mouse jockey
The Marc Adams School of Woodworking in Indianapolis, IN offers classes in several types of chair making.

http://www.marcadams.com/
Brian
Shop power by Powermatic, Shopsmith, Delta & Bosch.