General Finishes
I am going to the General Finishes local distributor on Saturday to pick up some semi-gloss top coat to go over the G-F milk paint. The vendor is recommending High Performance Polyurethane Water Based Topcoat. Is this the right stuff??
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That's what GF recommends, mostly because it won't turn yellow over time. If your application doesn't need a high level of chemical durability HP Poly is a great choice. It goes on very well with a foam brush and sprays beautifully. If you need a high level of chemical durability, however, I would use GF's Enduro Clear Poly (not to be mistaken for EnduroVar). Enduro Clear Poly is water clear, like HP Poly, but has a much higher chemical durability and abrasion resistance. Enduro Clear Poly is recommend for spray application only, but I haven't had any problems applying it with a foam brush on small surfaces. Admittedly, I've never tried doing it on something as large as a table top.

John
Thanks. I placed my order.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.