Metal Edge channel for undersized plywood
Does anyone know of a source for metal (aluminum, steel) channel for edge protection on undersized plywood. I need 31/64, but 7/16 would do. Can't find either. I'd like 4' lengths, but longer would do.
Should have mentioned that the plywood is undersized for 1/2".
First......Welcome aboard. You chose wisely.

I have not come across metal channel sized for the shrinking sizes of plywood. My local big box stores carry the aluminum channel in 1/8" increments IIRC.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Would an L bead do instead?You can buy aluminum or vinyl L bead for siding.Come to think of it maybe the J bead may do,not sure of the dimensions.
mike
What does the edge need protection from? I'd be surprised if you found any that wasn't just 1/2" though. Plus you might find pricing better if it's shorter lengths.

E-Bay

Amazon

You will also find it in hardware at Lowes, HD, Tractor supply. It's not rare, but undersize sounds special made can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$

A lot of people will just use hardwood, which could be painted to exact, or stained/dyed to very similar.

How to with direct glue on, and nails

Or by using any number of router bits, or TS cuts you can create edging with a number of glue surfaces, much better look, grip, and it does a twofold job of edging, and also making the edge of the ply much less flexy, so it will support greater weight, without sag.

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
http://www.brunnerent.com/Tools/Portfoli...amp;strMetaTag=

ive seen places online while lookin for other metal products but cant recall the places.

if ya search the www for
aluminum extrustion c channel

youll find quite a few places
Have a look at McMaster Carr. They sell a lot of metal edging of various profiles and widths.
Thanks all! Its actually horizontal support for a quick and dirty (QAD) shelf with 3' wide 1/2" (undersized) plywood 16" deep. The shelves hold parts containers, and are 5" apart vertically. Channel would be a QAD fix.
Why not just use alum or steel "L" epoxied to the front edge. If the little bit extra hanging down bothers you, grind it of...but I'd just leave it.
Bob
Try Outwater Plastics: http://www.outwatermastercatalog.com/home/index.cfm
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.