Is there a real difference between Watco Danish oil and Watco teak oil
I put a sample of each on a piece of walnut and I defy even the Lord Almighty to tell them apart. Is one better than the other?
I'm close to completing my rocker and am deciding on a finish.
In the Feb, 2015 issue pf PWW Flexner wrote an article titled "Teak Oil, the Oil That Doesn't Exist". In that article he described what each brand was...as either from the manufacturer or "his best guess". The Watco product he identifies as an oil/varnish blend. Watco Danish Oil has been described both as a wiping varnish and an oil/varnish blend (at different time frames, maybe they changed it from one to the other). In any case, it doesn't sound to me like there's any difference between them (based on your testimony, and Bob's article) and you can choose either with the same results. ( at Watco!)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have used both. Some of their danish oils are tinted.

The teak oil seems to be a bit thicker and if I remember correctly, did not seem to darken the wood too much. I have used this on jigs and homemade wooden tools with good results, but have never used it on furniture.
You build stuff?!?
Who'da thunk?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

It happens.