purchase dowel online
Can anyone recommend an online source for 5/8" oak dowel in 48" lengths? Also need to ship to Canada. Thought I had it sourced locally but that fell apart. Thanks kindly for all replies.
-DC

"I have morons on my team."
-Megatron, 1986
Can you make your own ? I've made shorter lengths easily on a router table. All you need is a piece of oak, 5/8" square, about 8" longer than the actual length of dowel needed and a 5/16" R , round over bit. It actually works really well.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
museumguy said:

Can you make your own ? I've made shorter lengths easily on a router table. All you need is a piece of oak, 5/8" square, about 8" longer than the actual length of dowel needed and a 5/16" R , round over bit. It actually works really well.

This is how I would do it.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I think you guys have convinced me. Thanks for the idea. It should be about 1/10 the cost.
-DC

"I have morons on my team."
-Megatron, 1986
That's what we are here for

I've gotten soooooooooooo much help from my fellow WoodNetters over the years, I enjoy helping others.

In case you didn't pick up on my previous post, leave the first and last few inches of the stock square, thus the extra length. It helps to stabilize the stock while routing.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry

Search YouTube " making dowels with a router"

https://youtu.be/17BTdhlkeWE

Heck even a kid can do it.
https://youtu.be/eRmQWhSIOL0

Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Woodworkers Supply ships to Canada from Casper WY and 5/8" X 48" is a stock standard item.

www.woodworker.com
Never Give Up

AzFred said:

Woodworkers Supply ships to Canada from Casper WY and 5/8" X 48" is a stock standard item.

www.woodworker.com

+1,000 I purchased dowels from them before and they were perfect.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Or you could crank up your #77 dowel maker.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com