Woodcarving knives
Top one is finished, the lower one is finished except for the garnet shellac I will use on it...It has a blade I made from a small file while the top one has a commercially made blade from Warren Cutlery..I have used Warren blades for well over 30 years and find the steel to be outstanding...They take and hold their edge exceptionally well...

I posted the pics just to show "would be" carvers they can make their own knives very easily..The blades are available in several shapes and sizes, including very fine detail blades and they are inexpensive.

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Sweet!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
It's a good way to use up those "fancy" little pieces of exotic woods that some of us hold back for "special" things..and never seem to get used

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Timberwolf said:

It's a good way to use up those "fancy" little pieces of exotic woods that some of us hold back for "special" things..and never seem to get used

Whatever does that mean? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I have been a "sucker" for exotic wood for 50years I guess!! And I am constantly "holding back" and trying to decide how best to use it...and as a result, I have a ton of it!!!!!

Here's another knife with one of the Warren detail blades..You can pick a spec out of a gnat's eye with this little guy!! I squeezed a small piece of brass tubing into an oval and carved the handle to fit..just to be different..

Get off my lawn !
Upset

I'm not happy with you right now. I've been on a gouges and small knives jag lately, a new slope that I really should stay away from -- but won't.

Google dot com. W-a-r-r-e-n c-u-t-l....
Best,
Aram, always learning

From Lee Valley. $8.90 for all 6!

Post pictures when they're done.

Steve
I just received that "set" last week!! Really sharp out of the box!!!!..I have some of the larger ones in stock also, but they are five bucks each..still cheap enough for a really good blade...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Timberwolf said:

I just received that "set" last week!! Really sharp out of the box!!!!..I have some of the larger ones in stock also, but they are five bucks each..still cheap enough for a really good blade...

Are these single or double bevel? I can't tell from the photos. Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

They're all double bevel....I have some of their gouges also...Just make a handle for them..I never liked having one handle and several blade for it..It's like a Shopsmith would be for me..

Get off my lawn !
Upset