Could be interesting
I e-mailed and asked for pictureS. It looks like now they have pictures.

Craigslist ad said:

Had a Tennant bring all this machinery in, set up, and walk away. We need to move into that space and need it gone ASAP. We don't know what it is used for. If you have a need please make an offer. We would like to recoup some of the money he owes.

Pedro

https://madison.craigslist.org/hvo/5413233980.html
I miss nested quotes..........
That could be an interesting haul. Wonder if it is real and how much they will hold out for?
We don't know what they are or what they are used for......

But I bet they know the values quite well. That has been my experience with that statement at least. They make this statement to make you think there is some great deal you will be able to make because you will be buying from someone who is ignorant of the machines or their values.

Yeah right. If it is not an outright scam it is at least a partial one.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
I can't speak about this seller, but I got my 5hp Uni from a similar situation. The saw was like new with a Biesmeyer fence and brand new mobile base. Got it for $350.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Does the seller have any title to the gear? Most jurisdictions it takes a legal ruling before you can sell equipment to cover back rent. If you are not sure what is required contact a lawyer or at least one of the free legal advise lines. When I'm looking at buying something that looks flaky like this I get a burner cell and use that. Frankly this might be legit but it sounds too good!
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes

It can happen....

Buddy of mine got a call one time from a guy who had to get rid of a storage unit full of tools. And I mean FULL. He gave a thousand dollars after looking at the first few feet. There were shelves and crates full of
stuff. The seller was quite a character as I recall, one of those guys that would talk your ear off, but you never really knew what about....

The space was twelve feet wide, about ten feet high, and twenty feet deep. Packed tight.

There were boxes and boxes of tools, most unopened. A VERY large Wilton bullet vise. Sanders, welders, table saw, radial arm saw, hydraulic press, drill press, hydraulic ram/porta power, arc welder, O/A gas torch kit new in the box, and on and and on. Some of it had been sitting around for decades, brand new. We ran across one section of shelving that had a Sears tool catalog and the tools on several pages were sitting on that shelf. Very strange.

Stacks of toys, games, puzzles. You name it. We found piles of un-assembled plastic models, Boxes of homemade wooden trucks, filing cabinets full of car shop manuals, etc. Kirby vaccum parts, a complete Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine. ( he sold that for $500 alone). Lights, lamps, car parts, cases of oil, antifreeze.

He rented the space for another month, and it took a month of our weekends off to empty out and haul away all the stuff.
It was another few months before we could get everything gone through thoroughly and dealt with.

Some of it was junk and went for scrap, some was donated to charities, some was just plain given away, some was sold.

And, yes, I did end up with some useful tools!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I bought a Shopsmith package off a lady like that once . Some guy left it and some other tools. I kept a few SS items including a NIB jointer. I know this forum poo poos on SS stuff but I like it. That and I made a fair amount of money on that deal parting the stuff out.

That being said, a landlord can't automatically get rid of the stuff. Wise advice to double check. You could find yourself out of some money.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
There are a lot of people, myself included, who think pretty highly of Shopsmith! Maybe its a little nostalgia coming through, but I started with Sears and Shopsmith over 30 years ago and you can do great work with it. Its the craftsman, NOT the tools!

As an aside, I remember back in the day a lot of the "elite" that you used to hear from in FWW were very keen on Delta, Powermatic, and Inca. They poo-pooed Shopsmith and Sears. Today, Delta is out of favor and I believe Inca is gone. You hear brands like Festool being pushed by some who have the same beliefs as those 30-35 years ago. Hell, they might be a lot of the same people! You see some things never change!
OK, last in line here....as a matter of disclosure, I own a powder metal parts manufacturing business, with complete tool making machine shop and multiple CNC machining centers to support the pressing part of the business.

What I see in the picture is a pile of similar stuff I have stored in a warehouse I own, several miles from my plant. Stuff that will ultimately cost me hundreds of dollars to scrap and dispose of, when I need the space. Does this mean the machines are worthless? No-in fact in the first picture, it appears the machine is a bench top mill, and is a nice touch in a home woodworking shop, but not worth much to a commercial metal working business. I also see some (what appears) worn out NC machinery, some coolant pumps that are literally a dime a dozen on the used market (generally wore out when they hit there).

For me, I would take a pass, because you may end up paying a grand for the whole pile, and end up with loads of time in moving/storing the stuff, only to get one or two pieces that you really weren't needing. The other issue is, if whoever owned the equipment had loans for which said equipment is pledged for collateral, you may find the lender taking the pile.

All in all, far more info & detail is needed.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I see a welder,I think two different milling machines and one drill press.This is a machine shop.The people that want the machines removed should post the pictures on "Practical Machinist". This is forum for professional machinists.
mike