Most unusual thing happened this morning
when I got the mail. I had a check for $25 from someone I had never met. This fellow had listed a Craftsman RAS on CL for sale ($75) and I sent him a message about the recall; I do this for all of them I see that are listed around the $100 mark and if i can tell from the pic they qualify. Anyway, this fellow replied with a thank you and indicated he was calling them for his box. Today the check showed up with a note that said he was asking for $75, and got $100 (thanks to me, he said) so I get the extra $25. I normally don't hear anything from those I inform, every once in a while get a reply that says "thanks", and once I got my arse chewed out for sending him the message......but I've never been handed any money until now.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
There are some cool people out there
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Cool. Somebody out there is paying it forward, like you did.

It came back around to you.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I have done this probably a half dozen times, as I used the recall myself some years back. About two out of three times, I have gotten back a "THANKS" from the seller. Have never gotten a check....that would be over the top! And fortunately, never gotten an angry reply. Someone would have to be a real a-hole to do that.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
MarkSingleton said:

Cool. Somebody out there is paying it forward, like you did.

It came back around to you.

Very , indeed!

DT
3finger said:

And fortunately, never gotten an angry reply. Someone would have to be a real a-hole to do that.

That was my thinking at the time...after I got my complaint I started putting a statement in my message about "if this is of no interest or you already knew of it, I apologize for this message."

I did have one guy reply "thanks, but he knew about it and didn't want to go through the hassle". Hassle (????). Oh well...
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Some people are nice enough to reward others for their good deeds. You found one of those people, and so did he.

John
That's very high on the cosmic consciousness level.

Congratulations to both of you.
chris
doobes said:

That's very high on the cosmic consciousness level.

Congratulations to both of you.

+1 (I think)
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Good on you Fred. Obviously you didn't(don't) do it for the reward, but nice to know someone appreciated your efforts and was content with getting what they originally asked. Far & few like that today. Thanks for taking the time to share your story.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!