help with medals
please any navy men or women do I have it in the correct order and does it look acceptable. " />
Chart

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/su...denceChart.aspx
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Cam I hope you see this posting of the inside of the shadow box.
Looks good Glenn!
glennw said:

please any navy men or women do I have it in the correct order and does it look acceptable. " />

Looking at the picture and the link to the Navy Awards website, the bar of ribbons need re-ordered. The one currently on the right is the Joint Meritorious Unit Award and should be on the left. Just slide it off the end and slip the other two over to make room.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Actually the way the ribbons sit right now is the correct way I am told. The most senior award should be closes to your heart when wearing them on your uniform. Picture the command plaque as the body of a person and the ribbons and awards on the chest. If that makes any sense.
You are correct in that when wearing medals you wear the ribbons on the right breast with the highest award top and in or towards the wearers left. What is a little confusing about your layout is the medals are not properly mounted in the way they would be worn. Point being if you are going to display the ribbons as worn then you should display the medals as worn.
I would also use collar devices with the crow all facing the same direction.
glennw said:

Actually the way the ribbons sit right now is the correct way I am told. The most senior award should be closes to your heart when wearing them on your uniform. Picture the command plaque as the body of a person and the ribbons and awards on the chest. If that makes any sense.

We are both wrong. The Navy specifies that awards without medals are worn on the wearer's right side when full size medals are worn. The order of precedence is "Inboard to outboard". Therefore the order should be (from left to right as you look at the ribbon bar), the Navy "E" Ribbon (the one currently in the middle), The Meritorious Unit Commendation (the one currently on the left), The Joint Meritorious Unit Award (the one with the gold frame around it; is currently in its correct place.)

Where some of the confusion comes in is that the Army specifies that awards worn on the wearer's right side uses the same order of precedence as the left side (Top to bottom wearer's right to left). The Navy specifies the opposite for awards worn on the wearer's right side; which they do for individuals decorations that do not have suspension medals while wearing awards that do have suspension medals.

Obviously, the Army way is mo bettah, since you don't have to think about it, order of precedence is always top to bottom left to right. Unit awards go on the wearer's right, personal awards on the wearer's left. The other services combine both award types when wearing ribbons only. The complication comes in when medals are worn, the awards without suspension medals in the Navy (at least, not sure about the Marines and Air Force) are worn on the other side and must be re-ordered from how they are worn when on the left side. The Army keeps it even simpler, when wearing medals you don't get to wear individual awards without suspension medals. The unit awards that the Army wears on the opposite side may be worn when medals are worn, UNLESS, you are wearing miniature medals...... Now that we have that straight, let's discuss Astrophysics
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
You are close but the ribbon to the far left is Sea Service ribbon not a Meritorious Unit Commendation. The ribbons in there current order and layout are correct for wearing with proper medals.