For that final finish perfection, use this old trick
Flexner is making it a blog post I've been doing it for over 50 years. Probably everyone here already knows it, ehhh. I figured maybe not, or why would Bob be posting it up?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks for this. I didn't know. I'm usually happy with my final finishes, but I'll give it a try to maybe save a step or two.
Bob
I've been doing that as long as I can remember (after I picked up the trick somewhere, I certainly wasn't smart enough to figure it out myself).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It must have been from someone on this forum, because I learned it too and this is where I've gotten 95% of what I know about woodworking.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Yes, that has been around for a number of years. I taught it when I was teaching finishing.

I would add that it will work better with less chance of scratching if you crinkle up the kraft paper to make it a little softer. Sort of like some do with toilet paper.

Be sure the finish is fully dry and hard.
Howie.........
Yep, I learned that trick right here some years ago. Do I remember correctly that he used to post here?
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
MsNomer said:

Yep, I learned that trick right here some years ago. Do I remember correctly that he used to post here?

+1. I definitely learned it here, don't remember who from.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Thanks for posting this. I tried it last night and it worked great. I was very surprised and amazed. Who'da thunk.

Johnet
my daughter was doing her senior project in wood working blanket chest she got this comment from the teacher how well the finish was
she explained the brown bag he was dumb founded she told him i think i just taught you some thing my dad always said we learn every day
south vietnam war collage
Great Tip Thanks