Siam-Dutch Tool Chest

Haven't posted much lately but have been busy. Pretty much done with this chest. Case is in Teak, with accent woods Ebony, Brasil Rosewood, and walnut, plus some mystery wood for the small drawers. This is basically a take on the Dutch Tool chest with a couple of twists, mine is a bit wider to hold the full size saws, and I really don't like the completely open shelves on that is on most of the designs. The top open shelf I built a set of small drawers and the bottom one is kind of "double decker" so I could put the long bench planes on their sides. Just have to arrange and outfit the drawers now. All hand tool build. After 100+ hand cut dove tails I have kind of had enough of them for a while. The chest sits on a rolling base that also has a large storage area.

Now the only question is what color of milk paint to put on????
Milk Paint???????? I guess it would even out all that wood tone stuff. You're teasing us - right?
Very nice chest , the dovetails look great.
I would leave it natural looks great nice grain.
Phil S. said:

Milk Paint???????? I guess it would even out all that wood tone stuff. You're teasing us - right?

Thinking a nice application of oil will darken that to a killer tone, and go a long way toward making it all a lot more consistent in color.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Black milk paint. That will even out the color variances...

Seriously, that is pretty cool!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Oil would be good. Teak goes for $35/bf here last I checked and ebony is worse (mail order only). The thought of painting it gave me bad dreams and kept me awake.
Phil S. said:

Oil would be good. Teak goes for $35/bf here last I checked and ebony is worse (mail order only). The thought of painting it gave me bad dreams and kept me awake.

Kidding- no paint for sure. Just wish I had a decent camera so you can actually see what this material looks like. This here is referred to as A-B teak kind of 2nd or 3rd quality. Runs about US$6.00 to $9.00 per board foot in 4/4 and 6/4!
thai_woodie said:

[blockquote]Phil S. said:

Kidding- no paint for sure. Just wish I had a decent camera so you can actually see what this material looks like. This here is referred to as A-B teak kind of 2nd or 3rd quality. Runs about US$6.00 to $9.00 per board foot in 4/4 and 6/4!

[/blockquote]

Whew - you had me worried, but the price you pay for teak is going to make me cry again.
East meets West--I love it!

Construction looks solid, and you have everything organized really well. How do you have the block planes attached to the side walls?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Nicely done and holds your tools very well too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.