What kind of wood is this?
As far as I can tell, there is 24 board feet in the one 4" thick board. Which makes the whole thing a deal if I can figure out what kind of wood it is.

https://madison.craigslist.org/mat/5411385456.html

I have e-mailed the seller and am waiting to hear back from him/her.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Very conservative number estimation.....approx. 220 board ft of maple? and ?? It's probably worth every penny, in spite of the fact there are some boards that are not close to being straight.

There's at least 2-3 boards that are of different species.....at least my guessing they are. They look darker, anyway.

Looks like the makings of a great workbench.
Primarily maple was my guess too. Hard to tell.
Man, I was really hoping to find some thick maple for a new workbench to. Now I have to figure out if I can justify spending the money...

hmmm,,,,,,

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
I don't think there is any way to have much confidence in people's guesses about what that lumber is from those pictures. It could be any number of species. You are in Madison and the ad was in Madison so maybe the lumber is close to you. If so, take a block plane over there and plane the crud off a small part of a piece so you can see what it really is. That is what I would do. Ken
The guys are right it looks like maple. A couple things to look for when buying maple this way. Staining may not matter to you since it is for a workbench but it is something to look for. If you have a moisture meter check the moisture content. I'm guessing by the look of it that it was probably air dried and thick material takes a long time to air dry. If you do buy it cut a few inches off the end of one boards and check the MC in the middle of the board. I would hate to see you make a nice bench top to just have it split and warp on you. The last thing you want to really look for is powder post Beatle damage. It is VERY common when you find maple like this. Look for the tell tail piles of saw dust but look really closely for holes too. I have seen guys move the material and clean off the sawdust piles and try to sell it. Good lunch and I hope it turns out to be a good deal. If you buy it and don't have a moisture meter I can send you mine to check it in a flat rate box and you can send it back after you check it.