LV Small Plow
So a few weeks ago Rob Lee instructed me in a previous thread that if i was thinking of getting the small plow plane (which I was) that I should hold off. Well I did heed his advice and noticed that the small plow had been out of stock in the website for a bit now. I also noticed that the expected stock date got pushed from Feb 10 to now March 4.

Anyone have any guess as to what changes may be coming for that plane? I'm eagerly awaiting ...
~ Chris
You aren't the only one...

I don't know what's coming down the pipe from the north, but as an owner of on of their small plow planes, I'm wondering if mine will soon be obsolete, or if there will be a retro fit to bring mine up to date of the new one.

All speculation, of course...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
There may be a reason it's called the small plow as opposed to medium or large plow. My own guess that there will a larger version, more suited for tongue and groove, and possibly dados? Clearly, I'm uninformed about both the current tool and the forthcoming tool(s). Whatever they do I doubt that the small plow will be obsoleted.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
You can read up on it here.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...amp;sb=5&o=

This is at least one reason.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Hi-

We're just about ready....i think Feb 26th will be the announce date. Depth stop retrofit is a part of it....

Cheers,

Rob
Rob Lee said:

Depth stop retrofit is a part of it....

Cheers,

Rob

So now I'm wondering if this retrofit will apply to older plows as well, and, if so, whether we owners of older ones will get notices or need to watch the website.
cputnam said:

There may be a reason it's called the small plow as opposed to medium or large plow. My own guess that there will a larger version, more suited for tongue and groove, and possibly dados?

Lee Valley often thinks quite a bit outside the box. Sadly, this ground-breaking design (pun? me, pun?) has yet to come to market. I'm still waiting.
Bill_Houghton said:

[blockquote]Rob Lee said:

Depth stop retrofit is a part of it....

Cheers,

Rob

So now I'm wondering if this retrofit will apply to older plows as well, and, if so, whether we owners of older ones will get notices or need to watch the website.

[/blockquote]

There's something for everyone Billl.....

cheers,

Rob
( now out to sea....)
Rob Lee said:

cheers,

Rob
( now out to sea....)

Euphemism for something? Like "taking the cure"?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Should I hope to see this newness on display at the Somerset Woodworking Show next month?

Or should I not hope?

Ag