A Couple Pens
Deer Antler

A click pen - this is the pen I made for the Christmas Auction winner

A cartridge pen, this is a kit. I'm still working out getting pen tubes into the .308 cartridges I have. I made this as a gift.

I have a glueup done for a cigar pen in antler that I think I will keep for myself.

A cartridge pen, this is a kit. I'm still working out getting pen tubes into the .308 cartridges I have. I made this as a gift.

What issues are you having with the 308 cartridges? I drill out the firing pin end with a 7mm bit the bullet end I use a piece of 1/4" shrink tube on one end of the tube and it fits perfectly, heat the shrink tube. I use epoxy to glue in both ends.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
crokett™ said:

I have a glueup done for a cigar pen in antler that I think I will keep for myself.

I can't tell you how many times I kept something for my self only to give it away. cause " WE" need a gift for ..... what you got honey?

Nice work
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I have some antler I've been holding on to for a nice pen for myself. How do you hold the antler when drilling for the barrels?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
In my pen vise. I drill all my blanks on a DP. It takes a bit of care to get it lined up vertically so yo don't drill through the side. It's easier to do with the smaller diameter tubes - there's a lot more margin for error.
chips ahoy said:

What issues are you having with the 308 cartridges? I drill out the firing pin end with a 7mm bit the bullet end I use a piece of 1/4" shrink tube on one end of the tube and it fits perfectly, heat the shrink tube. I use epoxy to glue in both ends.

Mel

I'm going to try that method. All my stuff has been packed up for nearly a year. Last week I found the cartridges so whenever I remember to get some more heat shrink tube I will try that.
Crockett
That will solve your problem, I have been doing it for years. Let me know how you make out.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member