Power tools...blasphemy!
Heck, even Roy might use this one.

Bob
He's getting nowhere in a hurry!

Very similar to early 20th century designs.
bobs64ford352 said:

Bob

Probably but might need a more Victorian flair before it appears on the show...

There was an episode in the 2015 season where he had a lever powered cross-cut saw.

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365554469/

And of course there are his Barnes treadle-powered tools that have been featured many times.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I saw this crazy bike powered shaper in John Sindelar's Traveling Tool Museum at WIA a few years ago. Just inside the door it sat.

They get to it at about 2:10 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hapqlje6O5s

I never did work out how a guy could pedal, and manage a board across those really sharp looking cutters without throwing himself in

I caught this guy defacing John's trailer, and turned him in. He turned out to be an ok guy.

Right after that I caught this guy stealing closely guarded trade secrets from Lee Valley

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
bobs64ford352 said:

Bob

First thing I thought of is 'Red Green'
Couldn't be Red Green. I don't see any duct tape anywhere.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Not sure if Roy had one or if it was this as a loaner but a peddle or treddle powered shaper also makes an appearance on the WWS a few seasons back. Running it himself, it certainly seemed a bad idea. It might work if you had two people. Maybe. Or maybe just more blood.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Ah, not so fast! Did you check his bike for a motor?? Yes, mechanical "doping" in cycling is real

Don't believe me.....here is a story on this past weekend's cyclocross worlds where an under 23 girl had an internal motor in her bike. This has been reported for years and there have been suspicions before, but they got caught red handed this time

Hidden Motor

Anyhow, the saw-bike is pretty cool!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Rob Young said:

Not sure if Roy had one or if it was this as a loaner but a peddle or treddle powered shaper also makes an appearance on the WWS a few seasons back. Running it himself, it certainly seemed a bad idea. It might work if you had two people. Maybe. Or maybe just more blood.

Rob the thing that got me was there was no place for your hands, except the table, and you would get in the way if someone else was working the tool, and perish the thought you grabbed the cutters But seeing that they didn't have a [place for the cyclists hands I kept coming back to it was a solo machine. This is what John thought too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW