Birthday wish come true
I have been dropping little hints; okay, maybe they were big hints, on how nice it would be to have a nice new LV Low Angle Jack Plane for my 50th birthday. My wife would just say, "don't you have enough planes!". Know matter how much I tried to sell the fact of the many uses and benefits of this plane, she always seem to change the subject. Well, today I was pleasantly surprised to find a brand new LV Low Angle Jack wrapped with a nice bow waiting for me at the breakfast table!! If I just didn't have to work today, I would be taking shavings all day with this beauty. I guess turning 50 does have it advantages
Nice day! Please tell your wife that *my* 50th is also coming in a few weeks.
Chris
Smoothjazz077 said:

I guess turning 50 does have it advantages

Well, the biggest advantage is you're still on the green side of the dirt!
Congratulations on your 50th and your subtle communication techniques. Just don't forget she'll have a birthday coming so listen closely while using your new gift!
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
One of my favorite planes! Congrats and Happy Birthday!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Part of my persuading technique was to say how many nice end grain cutting boards I can make with this "wonder of a plane".
Now you're in deep water. What are you going to make for her with it? Something for her 50th?