I'd forgotten how much I like my Dremel.
I got a great little accessory set for Christmas to go along with the tools I already had. I've got a little plunge router accessories that has proved useful and the sharpening stones have been awesome for sharpening the BS blades and other cutting tools.
I broke open the accessory kit today and used it to cut off some long toilet bolts that prevented the plastic caps from going on. Then I switched to a sanding wheel and cleaned up some small joints that had gotten finish on them prior to assembly. I've got some tiny router bits I'm anxious to try out and hope to practice using the plunge router and straight bit to do some inlay. Just a fun tool.
Here's the accessory kit at HD. I've seen it there for $20.
130 pieces but a lot of them are sanding discs and such

Jack posted this before but here's how to do your BS. Took me about twenty minutes for a 144" blade.
BS the easy way
Yeah, my little Dremel is a go-to tool in my shop. It's versatile and you can get a bunch of accessories for almost any type of job. If I'm not using it to polish some small parts, I'm using the cut off wheel to shorten a bolt, screw or something else.

While it's not for massive jobs, it sure helps with the smaller ones.
I have a cored 300 and a micro cordless.

Get the corded one. The cordless just has no torque.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
That tip from Jack has saved me buying a bunch of new blades, works like a charm and doesn't take much time.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have had several of them over the years. Right now I am using my second cordless Dremel, the one that looks like a gun and fits like a glove in one's hand.
A very easy tool to use in that format.
Trouble is it will not hold much of a charge anymore.
The battery is built in, if I could find a new battery I would change it.
This Dremel seems no longer available.
Ag
Yep, my Dremel gets a good bit of use. Very versatile. I have the drill press base for mine. I use it a lot for drilling entry holes for scroll sawn projects. It will take the tiny numbered drills easier than my big drill press. It is limited in throat depth, so I can't reach the middle of larger projects. I've considered getting the plunge router base to do the same thing, just haven't gone there yet.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I agree with you on its usefulness. I don't use mine a lot, so I didn't rush out and replace it when I broke it out about a year ago. I went to use it with a wire brush to remove paint from a tight corner of a RAS stand leg that I was stripping to repaint and had it break at the base of the plastic threads on the dremel body that are used to attach various accessories. Granted, I had it about 20 years, but probably have not used it more than 100 hours total, so the only reason I could figure it broke is the plastic itself broke down due to age. As I said, I don't use it much, so I didn't replace it until Lowes and HD had their Black Friday deals this past November and I bought the 4000 kit that they had. There are just some things that it can do that nothing else can and it sure is handy to have when you run into an odd issue that it can bail you out of (ex. Many times I have used it to cut rusted nuts for removal and not ruin the threads of the bolt/stud like I have done with an angle grinder).

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
For me it's a required tool in the shop. While I don't use it everyday I use it a lot. The cutoff bits are great.

I too sharpened my larger BS blade - it makes a difference in cutting and I can get a longer life out of the blade now.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
It's almost like a swiss army knife of the power tool world

Great tip on the saw blade. I have a blade I was going to toss, nothing to lose, might give it a try!
Benny

The Dremel A577 Detailers Grip is a pistol-type grip attachment