Grinder Tool Rest Alignment
I ordered a couple of the Wolverine tools rest platforms and bases. I won't be able to install them for a few days. Before I do I would like to hit you with a question: For installation, what works best for vertical alignment? I'm thinking that, with the platform level, it might be best set just below the wheel center; maybe 1/4". Any opinions on this?
Read the instructions. They tell you where to place the entire setup. At least mine did when I bought it 10 years ago.
No instructions included. I guess they thought the answer was obvious. I'm not even sure that it matters much. I just thought that some of you might have some opinions.
I don't think it matters. The grinding wheel is round so center is relative. You can set the platform 90 deg to the wheel no matter what height it is.

I've never checked mine.

Twinn
Will post for food.
http://oneway.ca/pdf/GJ%20Instructions%2...202010.pdf
If you bought new, the instructions should have been in the box on either paper, CD, or both.

You can download the instructions as pdf from Rockler or Highland among other places.

Here is the link to the Highland Hardware page that has the link to the instructions.

Following the instructions is highly recommended if you want to use jig set up instructions from Doug Thompson or other tool makers.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I purchased new from Wood Craft and no instructions were included. I sent an email to WC about it. But, the links you've provided will do nicely.
Thanks
Glad to help.

The hardest part for me was finding the right thickness plywood to put under the grinder (to shim it to the proper height). I also was really over-thinking it since it was one of the first tools that I had to do more than just put-bolt-a-in-slot-d for.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.