What finish to use
(07-06-2018, 09:00 PM)jteneyck Wrote: This is an old posting indeed.  A couple of the participants no longer are.  But to respond to your comment about  A100, I can't remember which base you need, but I think you want Deep Base #4.  Whichever it is, it's white in the can but it dries clear, just like many other WB finishes.  You only want the base; don't let SW's add any colorants to it.  

John

John is the Deep Base same as # 4 ?  Nowhere on Sherwin Williams website or on the product does it say #4.  All it says is deep base or Ultradeep base. So which is the one to get?
(07-19-2018, 12:47 AM)Vijay Wrote: John is the Deep Base same as # 4 ?  Nowhere on Sherwin Williams website or on the product does it say #4.  All it says is deep base or Ultradeep base. So which is the one to get?

Yes, you want #4.  From Howard's post above:

Pastel and/or 1 is virtually a pure white and used for the lightest of colors. The others are slightly color altered from white and more translucent than pastel. These are used for succeedingly deeper colors. All of this comes to neutral, 4 and/or 5. These are clear and used for the darkest colors. In the can they are somewhat opaque but dry more or less clear.

John
John i am still confused. Is the deep base the right product to get or is it the ultrabase?
(07-19-2018, 12:47 AM)Vijay Wrote: John is the Deep Base same as # 4 ?  Nowhere on Sherwin Williams website or on the product does it say #4.  All it says is deep base or Ultradeep base. So which is the one to get?

I was going to say, last time I went to SW for this about 5 months ago,  their non-tinted base is called "Ultra-deep"
I went and got the Sherwin Williams A 100 Ultradeep base last weekend on gamble. It look like Elmers Glue in color but dries to a clear finish. 
Works great, although it is bit thick so it is easy to get too much on, and then it dries to a white sticky mess. But other than that it goes on fine and dries fine.

i am still have troubles in viewing this thread due to some forum glitch, but can see them in reply mode.