Band Saw Rocks
Probably need to balance the wheels. How is that done?
They should have been balanced when the machine was made. Are you sure the wheels are clean? Mine vibrates sometimes when sawdust builds up on them. The tires can cause the saw to vibrate, too, if they are not on evenly. Did you just change them? I'd look for other things before contemplating the wheels being the problem.

John
Check the alignment of your upper wheel to your lower wheel. Last time I moved, I had some unusual vibrations and couldn't figure it out until I checked upper to lower wheel alignment and fixed it. At the same time, my motor mount bolts got a little loose. Could have been related to that. When I tightened up the motor, I got better tension in my motor drive belt, and that improved stability of the machine. As mentioned, the tire could be a cause if there's a flat spot on the tire or a buildup of sawdust.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Remove the blade and spin the upper wheel.Mark the wheel where it stops and at a point on the frame. Spin the wheel several times.If the wheel stops at the same place each time you need to add wheel weights.
You can get lead wheel weights at a tire store.Place the weights opposite the place the wheel was marked. When the wheel spins and stops at random,it is balanced.
mike
I used paper clamps without the wires.

I would check the belt. Maybe a new top cog belt with more flexibility will resolve the issue.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
jteneyck said:

They should have been balanced when the machine was made. Are you sure the wheels are clean? Mine vibrates sometimes when sawdust builds up on them. The tires can cause the saw to vibrate, too, if they are not on evenly. Did you just change them? I'd look for other things before contemplating the wheels being the problem.

John

IF is the key word here, but if it didn't before, and then just started to your answer is likely a build up of dust as John has suggested. If it has wobbled since new, then you may need to do some balancing as others have suggested, but that is fairly rare.

Tom, what kind of BS, and is this a new development after it ran well before, or is this how it has been since new? If new finding have you recently changed the blade, or otherwise adjusted it?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I think it's new, since I put on a wider blade. Guess it's time to change that out.

It's a 16" Grizzly
hi shovel its a griz well my friends did this vibrate turn out that we had to adjust the wheels to be copolamer you need a straight if you do not have the book you can down load it from the web you do need a got straight edge i do like his grizz
south vietnam war collage