C.Warren Nashua,NH plow plane
A friend has given this to me to sell for him. The name is hard to read, but I think it's C.Warren. I think the whole plane may be boxwood, is this a possibility? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

According to Pollak & Pollak; Cyrus Warren, 1804-1888, born in Hardwick, Ma (very close to where I grew up). Moved to Nashua in 1857, retired from plane making in 1875. Planes marked Nashua were actually made in Hudson. Planes with that mark are frequently found with over 500 known.

Looks like a sweet plane.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
It looks like boxwood to me. I've had a number of C. Warren planes over the years and they were all top quality.They made fine tools. That's a gorgeous plane. Is the set of bits matched? If so the value is increased substantially.

Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Thanks guys. The irons look matched to me. The only markings on them are owner's marks though, j.proctor and J.P.