Recent happy discovery...
We have all, I hope, experienced the joy of finding the perfect solution to a nagging problem. I like to carry a tape measure in my pocket… all the time. (You never know when you will need to or want to measure something.) Problem is, tape measures are mostly big and heavy. The really tiny ¼” wide tapes are easy to carry and awful to use. I carried LV’s smallest size (10’ X ½”) for quite a while, but always found it bulky. At my local big box the other day, I spotted a Stanley FatMax (6’ X ½”) with key ring. It’s very small and light and the ½” wide tape works well. The key ring and its chain were easily clipped off and discarded. The LV’s will always have a permanent place in my shop. The little Stanley rides with me now. Cost; about four bucks. (Disclosure: I have no connection whatsoever with the Stanley Company or any big box stores.)

Don't know if anyone else has this tape-in-the-pocket affliction, but this little tape is worth a look if you do.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
I avoid anything resembling a tape measure residing anywhere around or below my waistline. Just say'n.
Mike Brady said:

I avoid anything resembling a tape measure residing anywhere around or below my waistline. Just say'n.

TMI.
Standard measurement - metric???

DT
Tapper:

It's an inch scale with 1/16" & 1/32" ticks. 12" foot marks in black and 16" stud spacing in red.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Mike Brady said:

There's always one wiseguy...
Mike B.