Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters in my dining room. Took quite a while to finish. But they turned out pretty nice. Solid cherry. Rockler jig.

Look great! Would you come and do mine?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Very nice!
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

well done lots of labor there
Looks great. LOML wants hose too. She likes the 3" slats. Luckily mine will be painted and most of the windows are either 3'x5' or 3'x6' (makes arranging bedrooms a pain with those windows...)

Have looked at the jig and even norms build of them and haven't decided how I want to build them yet. However if I had the rockler jig for a day I'd just make a copy of it. Their jigs aren't bad but overpriced for what it is.

Did you make flat slats or did you buy the bit to do it with?
Those look outstanding! Was there much learning curve to the jig? I'd really like to give them a go.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Joel,
The jig is pretty straight forward. Though you have to keep checking to make sure everything is centered and lined up.
Bob
Holy wow! Excellent work.
i' considering those myself for a kitchen. any chance for a pic with the shutters of one window open?
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.
Sure. This weekend.