Did they have tablesaws in 1839?
https://madison.craigslist.org/tls/5453571272.html

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
I guess the guy missed that power cord and electrical switch too. I guess if a number is stamped on something that must be when it was made. Hey I think I have a Porter Cable router that was made in 892. I'll bet it is worth some REAL cash.
Well sure, but the computerized mechanisms on them were much slower than those we have now!
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

That's a woodwork bench not a tablesaw

It always works on paper!
It seems possible based on this snippet from Wikipedia.

Quote:

In the United States, perhaps the first recorded patent for the circular saw was issued in 1777 to an English man, Samuel Miller; it refers to a circular saw that was created in Holland in the 16th or 17th centuries.[4] The 1885 catalog of the W.F. & John Barnes Co., Rockford, Il. clearly shows a classic table saw and it is labeled as a "Hand [Powered] Circular Rip Saw".

knotscott said:

Well sure, but the computerized mechanisms on them were much slower than those we have now!

You sure about that????
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Didn't you ever watch Little House on the Prairie? I admit to being a regular viewer when I was a kid and I seem to recall that the father worked in a saw mill that had a tablesaw.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I'm thinking he never actually says its "from the year 1839". He may be implying that, but he doesn't actually say it.

Just my thought,

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
His was not, but there were table saws back then and they were make with peddles or like a foot powered lathe.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Dave Diaman said:

I guess the guy missed that power cord and electrical switch too. I guess if a number is stamped on something that must be when it was made. Hey I think I have a Porter Cable router that was made in 892. I'll bet it is worth some REAL cash.

mine was made in all kinds of years, even27465!