Serrated blades
Although I've been trying to get more into planes lately, I really don't belong down here in WHT yet. But I have a question that can best be answered here: What's the best way to sharpen serrated knives? Namely the blade on a Leatherman Wave, but also on a couple of Henckels bread knives. Do I need various diameters of diamond files, or should I sharpen from the back (flat) side? Or ??? I do have a WorkSharp...any way to do it on that?
Bob
I think the answer is work on the flat side. I don't use My Serrated Blade because I don't want to sharpen it. Did you try Leatherman Site for info? Maybe FAQ?
Never thought of it, but that's a good idea.
Bob
have a look ...
Spyderco sharpmakers can sharpen serrated blades as well. That is what I use but it is pricey for the occasional user. Used with the diamond slipstones linked above and you will have a serrrated blade that is better than new.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
This is another example of how a Dremel and a diamond burr can come in handy if the knife has rounded gullets.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Axehandle said:

Spyderco sharpmakers can sharpen serrated blades as well. That is what I use but it is pricey for the occasional user. Used with the diamond slipstones linked above and you will have a serrrated blade that is better than new.

Amen to this. If you use it for your kitchen knives, pocket knives, scissors (yep, seriously) the the price looks very reasonable. I love mine, use it all the time for knives. It's very easy to use, and quick.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram said:

[blockquote]Axehandle said:

Amen to this. If you use it for your kitchen knives, pocket knives, scissors (yep, seriously) the the price looks very reasonable. I love mine, use it all the time for knives. It's very easy to use, and quick.

[/blockquote]

That's what I told the wife when I bought my first Tormek. I sharpened all her scissors with it and she has never questioned the obscene amount of dollars I have spen on sharpening equipment since.

Small victories won with small prices to pay. Wish they were all that easy.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
BobW said:

Although I've been trying to get more into planes lately, I really don't belong down here in WHT yet.

Now why on earth do you think that?
They have not kicked me out.......quite yet.....

Ag