What would you pay
A board of American black walnut 5/4 S2 Grade A+ 11-1/2" wide 9 ' Beautiful perfect board, no sap wood naturally dried.

What would a board like this go for??
John T.

11/ft here. I would not pay that but that is what it is going for here. I would be willing to give more like $6/ft.

The nature of the board has no bearing on me so I will not pay extra for an extra nice board. I can pick and choose my lumber and generally I can find clear ones with no sapwood.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Frank Miller gets some really nice Walnut, so they usually have some on hand that is WOW wood.

The way they sort it would just be S&B, which at 5/4 is $6.93 bd/ft my price.

Their really insane stuff is usually curly, and for that you would be at $8.50

Within the sort it's never hard to find some zero to real minimal sap, and for it to be S&B it won't have knots. Usually you can go to 12" wider than that has a way of getting on the trucks going to Gibson, and Fender. Walnut, Cherry, and fidddleback Maple, all tend to flow to those guys.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks all.
John T.