She asked for it...Finished Product.
Wifey asked for some shelves to hold some baskets for Barbie storage. 6 weeks later, I delivered these:

Sides, bottoms and tops of the cases are mahogany veneered MDF. Had 3 half sheets of 1/2" with veneer on one side. Laminated them together to make 1" material with veneer on both sides. Tops started out as 3/4" mahogany stock. Planed it down to 1/2" thickness and glued them up. Finish is 3 coats of Arm R Seal wiped on.

Clearly could have spent a little more time matching the boards for the tops, but the joints are super tight and disappear in the artificial light of the playroom.

Not super happy with my finish...as usual...need some more time on that forum for sure. Specifically, the end grain on the front of the top panels never really took the Arm R Seal very well. Seemed to drink it up and never really shined up at all.

Miters on the face frames aren't perfect, but overall, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
Nice job and some major brownie points earned.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Major Man card points in the Happy Spouse, Happy House category

Is this some of the stock from the MEGA buy?

Should edit to add, IF Mama is happy, you get the Man Card points.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Those look great ..
Nice cabinets.

Six weeks? What's the rush?
Haha. Thanks, Guys. There were so many firsts in this project for me, I think I thought through each one 100 times before actually trying them.

Wife seems happy. 6 weeks was a little longer than her projected timeline, but she was overheard saying "I asked for Barbie storage and I got furniture!"

I'll take it.