Floating Floor Question
But first...
I'm building my daughter a pantry cabinet. 2' x 4' x 7' full of shelves and slide-outs. When this thing is full, it's going to weight 2-3 hundred pounds, maybe more.

Now, the floor...
They installed one of those floating floors a couple years ago. Engineered wood about 3/8" thick on top of some foam rubber type stuff.

The question...
Do I need to remove this flooring where the pantry is going to go?

I'm thinking yes, but I hope somebody that knows more than I do about floors will tell me I don't need to.
I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.
no. I'd maybe build the inner subbase out of 2x lumber so that you have plenty of surface area sitting on the flooring but the weight is no different from a heavy person standing there.
WoodNET... the new safespace
We put a side by side refrigerator on ours after it was installed, standard stuff according to the flooring company. I wouldn't worry about it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Sweet!

Thank you, Gentlemen!!
I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.
Yeah like already said no problem. In fact it's pretty common now for whole kitchens to have floating floor put down then all the cabinets fridge etc just set right on it. Makes for a quicker install when you don't have to make cuts and work around toe kicks but sure can add allot to the price of flooring since you are putting down allot that will never be seen.
It might make an indention in the floor over time but as long and the pantry is never moved who would care.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
I would definitely not put cabinets on a floating floor. That sorta defeats the whole purpose of the floating part. And if you check your floors warranty I am sure you will see that negates that as well. But then if you don't have a warranty and don't really care what the floating part is all about, by all means go for it.
jasfrank said:

I. And if you check your floors warranty I am sure you will see that negates that as well. B

https://na.pergo.com/Care_Maintenance/warranty

The original floating floor. I can find nothing in the warranty about cabinets installed over the floor voiding the warranty.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Not sure how cabinets sitting on the floor would be any different than a fully loaded china hutch or bookcase/wall unit/entertainment center.
It's basically the same thing. It will stop your floor from floating as intended. Why do you suppose the manufacturer intended the floor to float?