cutting board scrap tray
I have been asked to make a cutting board that has a scrap tray like the one in the this picture. Any suggestions on where I can get one. Other than having a metal fabricator make me one. " />
Ask the customer if the tray can be wood? IPE would work; possibly better than tin.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Glen check with Radio Shack or other electronics store I've seen aluminum boxes like those used to house home radio projects. Of course you will have to add the handle.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
There are plastic trays that will do the job. These can be painted and drilled as necessary. Start at a dollar store and work your way up to bed and bath. Something will be right.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
You could make a box out of acrylic to the exact size you need. Acrylic or whatever can be found easily. The glue I would order online.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I would look at restaurant supply parts as a grease catching pan might work or something used for BBQ grease pans
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

All due respect....I'd try to talk them out of the disposal tray. Tray will be a PITA to clean, tray has limited capacity, how do you keep inner board clean, you lose workspace, yada yada yada.

Keep the board simple and use a bowl to collect waste.
Or make it to go over the sink with a hole in it.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
That is how mine is done probably only been used once
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Aluminum exterior grade junction box?
But I agree that storage hole is a problem waiting to happen