A Craftsman's Legacy (tv show)
If like me, you live in an area that doesn't broadcast this great show then check out their web site where the season 2 episodes can now be viewed. Episode 18 is about Curtis Buchanan, Windsor chair maker.

To watch, you must click on LEGACY SOCIETY and choose to join. It's free but does require you give them an email.

A Craftsman's Legacy

Mike
Thanks Mike.
See ya later,
Bill
Thanks for the tip. My pbs station sucks unless you like to sew.
-Marc

Thanks for the post, I'll be so glad to watch these episodes.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
WaterlooMarc said:

Thanks for the tip. My pbs station sucks unless you like to cook.

Fixed for my area.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
I watched the first 2 episodes last night, thanks again for the heads up on the show being available.
You're welcome

Mike
For my taste, the show is a lot of flowery talk about concepts of craftsmanship and very little on the craft at hand. Out of the whole show you get maybe 5-8 mins of focus on the work and the rest is the host blathering on.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
I too was disappointed with the lack of content. "This is a draw knife." Wow, who knew...
From what I've watched so far the show is dead on for content from the intro given by the host( exp.- lack of shop classes now in schools). It's point to to bring awareness to fading craftsmanship not a how to type show.
It was 15 yrs ago a Welding Salesman told me our shop is a fading Dinosaur as each Welder in our shop can do procedures from Acetylene Weld to high pressure pipe weld. At that time there were 7 of us and now only 3 to take care of our plant.
I watch people at craft shows gaze at simple items in awe that someone actually made something , this in my opinion is why the show highlights skills so as to bring awareness and appreciation to hands on skills not a how to session.